Arch’s Alternative Markets division writes primary workers’ compensation, general liability, automobile and other lines for group captive and individual accounts.
Arch’s Alternative Markets division is comprised of experienced underwriting professionals with extensive expertise in the captive insurance programs marketplace. Our dedicated team has a deep understanding of the alternative market and captive programs.
Arch Alternative Markets is a dedicated Underwriting, Claims, Finance, Actuarial, Risk Control and Premium Audit group that specializes in providing captive solutions. Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Group Captives are our primary focus. Our team understands the intricacies and nuances of captive transactions. We can help structure your program with flexible coverage offerings and responsiveness. We offer excellent access to quality issuing paper and risk transfer.
Alternative Market Benefits:
- Dedicated Underwriting, Finance, Operations and Claim team.
- Limited distribution strategy.
- Deep understanding of the captive marketplace including speed, responsiveness, and flexibility.
- Flat organizational structure with access to decision makers.
Chief Underwriting Officer, Programs, Property and Specialty
Executive Vice President, Alternative Markets
We entertain groups or individuals looking to take back a significant portion of their primary liability risks through a Captive or Rent-a-Captive. We will look at most classes of business – the key is the insured’s desire to take control of its primary program through a captive insurance company.
Classes that have been successful include:
- Contractors – commercial.
- Transportation – commercial hauling.
- Restaurants and Service franchisees.
- Commercial Food Growers and Distributors.
- Retail stores.
- Aviation and Environmental risks.
- Auto liability for public transportation.
- Group accounts with a minimum premium of $5 million.
- Individual accounts with a minimum premium of $3 million.
- Retentions from $300,000 to $1 million.
- Group captive, Rent-a-Captive or single parent captive can be used.
- Unbundled service model for claims handling and other captive services.
- Select captive specialty brokers and consultants.
- Brokers with alternative market expertise.
- Complete application for each insured.
- Minimum five years currently valued loss data (seven years for Construction accounts).
- Details on all claims greater than $25,000.
- Details on the proposed captive, structure and service providers.
- Preferred actuarial feasibility study or review.